Confirming pregnancy

Did the doctor at the polyclinic do any tests to confirm your pregnancy? I was expecting a urine test or blood test, but doctor only said “the pregnancy test you did at home is good enough”. Just wondering if this is the standard practice?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Doctor did ask me if I think my test kit is reliable. I said I got it from shopee and straight away she said better re-confirm via urine test. otherwise she explained that test kits are pretty reliable these days hence there is no need for a confirmation test. I got a SMS for my KK appt after abt 24 hours.

Read more

I went to polyclinic 2 weeks ago and no confirmation test for me. but dr give me vitamins for pregnancy . still waiting for my referral sched but I will go to a private gynae this coming sat as suggested by dr also sched might take time.

1y ago

Hi, may i know how long does the schedule appointment takes, with the referral from polyclinic?

I tested positive 3 times at home before going to the polyclinic and they straight gave me a referral letter too 😂 no urine or blood test at polyclinic. I was also asking doctor if this means I’m confirmed pregnant haha

I did my own urine test kit at home when I see my private gynae he told me no need to retake since already done at home so we did ultrasound immediately for my first born on my first visit 🤷🏻‍♀️😅

I’m not sure about polyclinic. I went with private gynae. No blood test nor urine test, I was week 8 during my first scan. Gynae did ultrasound scan. I think you can request for them to test if you want.

polyclinic did ask me to do urine test before referring me to kkh. different from others is that polyclinic didn't give me any supplement nor med (I asked for nauseousness, they said wait for kkh to give).

1y ago

polyclinic said don't (even though no harm) since the kkh appt was like following week, very fast!

same for me just in Oct the Dr said the home kit is the same as the polyclinic kit haha they probably want to save resources but less one item to pay on your bill too

they did a urine test for me when i came to confirm my pregnancy then gave me a referral letter to kkh tho so i guess some polyclinic are different? 😅

doc at jrg poly asked me fr another urine test and straightaway gave me a referral letter to KKH O&G that very day as i got history before.

I didn't have any urine test in polyclinic. they told me the test I did at home is accurate as how the polyclinic would have done it too.