No need pregnancy test check

Hi mummies. Just want to check if you go poly for referral, they will not do pregnancy urine test for you if you have done it on your own? I went to bt batok poly and informed the doc that I did my own test. He said no further test needed and only give me referral letter and folic acid.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi i went woodlands poly when tested positive at home too. doc asked when last period etc, symptoms gave referral letter and folic acid. dont worry, maybe they just dowan us to pay for the urine test? 😂 i got hosp appt at week 12, everything was okay. but if before that anything just give the hosp u decide to go to a call alright

Read more

depends on the doctor. 1st pregnancy(2020) i went to tamp poly, she did not sent me to do another urine test. second pregnancy (currently) went to woodlands poly, told me to urine test again.

i went to punggol poly and told the doc im pregnant and requesting for a referral to KKH .. she gave me a letter and i got an appt 2 weeks later woth kkh. no checks were done ..

I brought my test kits and showed to doc when I visited polyclinic. she just wrote referral letter, no urine test to double confirm

went to ang mo kio polyclinic, no test too, just ask some questions and gave me referral letter.. tell me wait for appointment sms

By right they should do a test to confirm and check for hcg levels. It’s okay, just bring your referral letter to the hospital.

2y ago

That's what I thought too as I just underwent reversal tubal ligation 6 months ago. So I just want an assurance. Nvm...Will wait for the hospital appt then...thank you

VIP Member

I went to Bt batok poly as well last year & was asked to do the urine test before the given the referral letter.

2y ago

I asked the doctor if they are going to do urine test, he said no need. I hope everything goes well then. Got my referral letter now just waiting for the appt date.

i went to bedok polyclinic and they didn’t ask me to do the urine test. just gave referral letter

2y ago

thank you...

Correct. No further test just referral letter and supplement

yes. same advice and referral was given for me.