teacher woes

Hi. Dear parents. If you were me. How would you do? My primary 5 boy school tomorrow will be going for p5 school camp. But he is the only 1 in class will not be join in. I only know yesterday until teacher A told me. She though i know there's a camp on thursday. She call me and told me that my boy still need to attend school although he never go for the camp. I was very curious how come there's a p5 camp which i dont know. And how come my boy will not be going. I ask my boy. He said maybe he too naughty. So teacher wont allow him to go. And he look like" never mind". Than i call back teacher A. She said she "heard" my boy form teacher, said because the camp will be release in the camp area, will not be go back to school release. So she though we wont be able to go fetch him.( i and my hubby work 10am to 10pm even on weekend. We stay nearby school so we often let him go home himself if there a event.) But the form teacher never approach us or give us a form to inform that. So we can decide who to fetch him if really need. Just than, after call teacher A. My boy said: oh, that y form teacher never give me form. I feel so sad that he feel he is the only 1 teacher dun give him go for the camp. He feel release after heard what i conversation with the teacher A. Althought he keep said its ok. Because to naughty. I still feel so sad why the form teacher never ever want to let us know at first. Should i call the form teacher again? But i feel already cant do anything. And i scared if i voice out. My boy still need to be at the school for 1 more year. Is it i think too much?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I suggest you speak with his Form Teacher to clarify the situation. Especially to find out the reason why he was not allowed to go for the camp. In any case, good to hear the school's side of the story as well as your child's. Good luck!

VIP Member

I feel so sad for you and your Son. This is really unacceptable and I would definitely bring it up to the principle. The teacher has very poor judgement in this situation and I would not like to risk her doing this to someone else

I agreed with some of the mummies above. I think u shouldn't go straight to the principal but to clarify with the form teacher first. I believe the better terms u are with the teacher, the better it will be for ur boy

You are supposed to be given a consent form and indicate on the form if you are giving your consent. Assumption that a parent does not want the child to go is not right. You have a right to pursue the matter.

I personally feel that Teachers are in no position to plan for your child. They should hand you the form and that is for us parents to decide and make arrangements. You need to voice out.

Sounds to me that It is time to spend more time with your boy. Plus he is primary 5. Soon he will choose his friends over you.

we io