Anyone send kids to piano class and wondering whether to buy piano?! The piano cost $3500 approximately and just worried that my Son maybe give up half way? I am thinking to support him but he doesn't show the respect to piano. Go to school and play piano so hard outside the counter whereby he can practice instead. The teacher think he is okay and can continue and memory is good. Financially we are okay but just worried waste of money if he 半途而废。what is your advise? The teacher encourage to buy piano and not keyboards. The teacher think he is very good and can be continue. My Son is very active kind and he likes the class. Very enthusiastic to go on weekend.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

This is indeed a struggle for you. I’ve experienced similar struggle too - the 半途而废part. But no one will know for sure if this will happen, so as long as he is interested to play, I think getting the piano is worth it. Can always sell it off when his interest dies down. Also, he can learn many lessons from this. If he becomes less interested, lessons about perseverance and not giving up can come in. ☺️

Read more

Give him a milestone to achieve. It he achieves it in the given timeframe, it may make sense to buy a piano. But with all the schooling, will he really get time outside his lessons to practice. Also see the space in your home. Try second hand ones first

TapFluencer

How Long has your son been going to piano lessons? I would make him work hard with his piano lessons and really analyse his seriousness. Kids can be fickle minded and being stuck with an unused piano is a waste of money and space in the house

VIP Member

Second hand piano Or i would get a Eletric Organ. Those portable kind without legs. Once my child seem very determined in learning and progressing, i will tend get a proper piano.

Read more
VIP Member

I'm also delaying buying a piano for my daughter. Going to wait for a few more months before making this decision as she doesn't like to practise!

i have a good piano teacher at lorong chuan area. contact her 96847270. where are you staying? she is very experienced.

How old is ur child now? There is a type of children piano which is 1/3 the price of the adult piano

VIP Member

if you dont mind you can actually get second hand piano from carousel . It might be cheaper .

You might wanna consider piano rental? do a google search and enquire from there

You can look for 2nd hand ones on Carousell for a lot cheaper prices.