Dear mummy's, I'm currently having my ML and I will be going back to work next month june. Was wondering if I were to serve my resignation letter when I'm back on the first day, will it be nice to my employer? Any suggestions? Thank you.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think it's nice but it's your own priorities that you need to answer to. If you feel that you want to be home with your child, then resign. There's still notice period for you to serve, and your company can find someone during that period (isn't that what notice period is for?) In all honesty, I doubt companies value loyalty anymore like in the past. I will prioritise my family over my work. it all depends on what matters most to you. Is it your family, or what people think of you after? I wouldn't be bothered with others because my time with my child is limited - they grow extremely quick and I do not want to miss out on any of their milestones.

Read more
8y ago

Don't bother about what your colleagues feel. When you miss your LO's milestones, you will be the one regretting not them. Anyway, no one is indispensable in the company...

for me i inform them I'm quiting once i give birth. so before i go for ML my work is already permanently distribute out. 2nd month of ML my boss did ask me again whether i confirm quiting and i told him i confirm quiting and ask him to prepare receive my resignation on my first day back to work. i think is best that you preempt your boss & your team in advance. maybe tell a colleague whom you are close with.

Read more

It not be very nice..As when we are at our ml our colleagues are helping us to cover our jobs and duties..It be abit nicer if you go back and try finish some duties ,sit down with your upper management n dicuss ur situation ,at least they too have some time to employ a new manpower to let u handover ur stuff if u really decided to resign or maybe other things can be arrange ..

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-7158)

It will be not so nice as your colleagues have been covering your job during your maternity leaves. I have an ex colleague that did that and after few years, she is still the example given when people joke about it.

Maybe if you want to resign immediately tell your employer while you are on maternity leave so they will be aware as early as now and they will still have time to get someone to cover your spot.

VIP Member

Always leave on a good note. Be mindful. Your employer deserves to know as soon as possible, so they have time to plan for your replacement.

VIP Member

I am an employer and I would definitely like to know sooner rather than later if someone from my team would like to resign

It's not very nice if you submit your resignation letter after your ML. It's better for you to submit after 1mth later.