My daugther is 5 year gng to k2 next year.she can know only sounds of each letter but unable read.how can i improve her reading.any class like i can read...r something.thank you

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, At 5, kids are not able to read and they are still rehearsing the sounds of the alphabets that they have learned the previous year. So, your daughter is doing just fine according to her age. I think to hone her reading skills, you can buy her books according to her age. You can read each night before going to bed, and make her read the same along with you. You read one word and let her read the next. The more familiar she will become with words and more books you will make her read, she will pick up reading fast. Sing rhymes that she knows and then make her read the same rhymes. Break the words and help her in reading the words. This is how I did with my daughter and she picked up reading. She is 6 now, not very fluent in reading but she breaks words and tries to read. You have to be patient in teaching her.

Read more