my daughter is such an avid reader that she only reads the whole day. i want to encourage her to go out and play too. she is 9. any ideas?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lol! Such an irony. I wish my daughter would pick up reading habits like yours and you want her to leave books and go out. Anyway, I understand what you mean. Incidentally, my cousin's daughter as a kid was an avid reader, she still is and she was similar like your daughter. She would sit for hours and hours reading. Trust, this habit of hers has made her attend many conferences abroad and have been speaking on books and literature at various lit-fests. But, you can begin with her going to the park to meet her friends along with a book, (if she doesn't want to part with it) the way kids carry their dolls and other toys. When she will meet her friends, she will voluntarily leave her book and start playing with them. I am sure it will help. Else, you can make her join some activity class, for which she will have no choice but to go.

Read more

wow...when most parents are trying to encourage their kids to read, you are trying to get her away from it for a while :) if it helps, why not join a sports class or activity that both your daughter and you too will enjoy? maybe you could take up swimming or tennis, or even some form of martial arts. alternatively, you both could also enroll for music together.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12546)