6 year old doesn’t want to go to school

Hi my daughter in next year Jan completes her 6 years, she doesn't take interest in studies she is in class 1. Daily before going school she starts crying she don't want to go, she only wants to play or watch tv, I asked her teacher is there any problem in school with her but she said no,we are so upset she get hyper many time, pls suggest what should we do

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps, with all that pressure that a child suddenly feels after coming in class 1 after kindergarten is taking a toll on her. My youngest daughter went through the same kind of mood swings and bad behaviour phase. It was so bad that one day I had to get her home from the school gate because she cried so much. So, I took her a day off and did not scold her or be bad to her in anyway for missing school. I spoke to her teacher and she said that some kids take time to adjust in the new class. Since, the life in school for these kids is no more like the way it is in kindergarten. So, they feel pressure of sitting throughout the class, they have to adhere to the instructions, they have set eating time, etc. So, I think your girl is finding it a little difficult to adjust herself. Be sweet to her, give her the time she is asking for, and at the same time counsel her.

Read more