My daughter is 3 years old and I'm a teen mom. Is it wrong that I think of giving her up for adoption so she can have a better life?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I must tell you that though I opted to comment, I do not know the exact answer. All I can say being a mother is that a child is happiest with her parents. You may be finding it tough right now, but pull your strings (if you can) for a few more years. You kid will grow up and he/she will become the source of your strength. You took this very brave and tough decision of delivering a baby in your teens, so why give up now. Have faith in yourself, keep learning and studying and it will open doors for you and your kid. If you have a support structure then situation will take even less time to get fine. But yes, thinking otherwise, giving her for adoption too isn't a bad idea if you find a good family for her. As then she will have the love of both parents and siblings. You have two options, and you should not feel guilty anyway because if you will give her for adoption, you are going to find the best home.

Read more