First trimester nausea

Hello! Am currently on my week 8 going to 9. The doctor has already pre-empted me and my husband that the nausea is going to be worst during these few weeks. Everything I breathe in makes me gag and everything I eat just comes out 😭 Do share your experience on your nauseating week(s) and how you managed to overcome it please! 🥲🥴#advicepls #1stimemom #pregnancy

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m on week 7 moving to week 8. Have been feeling terrible everyday since week 6. Nausea 24/7, can still keep food down but can’t work for long. Everytime there’s a break between meetings I simply head to the bed to rest. Can’t imagine what the upcoming weeks will be like. Am thinking of asking my gynae for pills during upcoming appt but wonder if medicating at this stage will be good for the baby 😣

Read more

My nausea peaked from week 8-10 and the feeling was terrible. Brushing teeth was hard because the toothpaste made me want to vomit and I was super sensitive to smell! There was 1 day when I got so sick until I didnt eat anything. Basically whatever I ate I puked. The next day was better for me because I managed to eat a wholesome meal. Now I am on week 12 and it is definitely getting better.

Read more

My nausea got worst at week 8 and stopped at about week 16 but vomiting (on and off) goes on till now at 26 weeks... 😕 Went to kkh urgent care a few times to get new medication but nth helps and they do not have any alternative for me. Just have to endure it. Appetite still not back to usual so im currently 5kg below pre pregnancy weight! Hope u will get better after first trim!

Read more
2y ago

Hopefully! And I pray that everything goes well from here onwards for you too! Need to motivate each other to go through this together. You got this mummy! 🥰

My 1st meal is one w most appetite but i cant eat alot. Lunch and dinner eat half and feel full. Anyting over, i hv stuck in throat feeling and i need to puke out to feel better. I can only eat small meals (every 2hrs hungry) due to tis. Best frens are bread and milo. Lol. Even so, there is like an enhanced weird aftertaste of consuming any food which is disgusting to me.

Read more
2y ago

They say chewing sugarless gum helps, but everytime I eat that or eat abit of sour candy, only enhances my want to puke more 😭

I’m currently on Week 6 and my whole-day nausea started last week. I’m suffering ad well T_T I’m eating a lot less than what I’m used to and I have to split my meals into 3-4 portions because I can’t finish them in one sitting. Right now I also have a disgusting lingering taste at the back of my throat.

Read more

I had very bad nausea as well and I realise that even thou everything made me feel like wanting to puke if I forced myself to make myself semi full all the time the nausea pangs would go away. Once I start being ‘hungry’ after awhile I start to snack again. Eating felt like a job to me which I hated

I had my worst from week 9 until week 12.. I basically just lie on bed, cannot eat and hardly drink.. my weight went down almost 10kg in that 3 weeks.. then I talk to my baby, after that just suddenly got better..

2y ago

I can feel that I suddenly feel better and can eat the next day I tell my baby

I will be 8 weeks tmrw and have bad nausea which starts after breakfast. Can't even tolerate smell of food. Doc gave some nausea meds but still its there. Tasting lemon slices makes me feel bit better.

2y ago

I just use the normal lemon we get from grocery stores. And keep some slices cut.

I kept drinking honey water with lemon squeeze. It makes me feel better and I tried to eat multiple small meals through out the day.

2y ago

Try 1 thin slice will do or try any other drink like orange or fruit juice. Hope it helps as it’s not easy!

i had nausea until week 21 so that's a long time lol. i eat sour fruits and drink fruit juice and isotonic drinks.