KKH B2+ Ward

Hi! Am currently at KKH under the subsidised route and plan to deliver at B+ ward. Would be grateful if anyone who has delivered at B2+ could share your experiences / reviews. (PS: Am fine with midwives and no fixed gynae etc. :)) Also wanted to find out if we will receive any post-delivery goodie bags at the B2+ ward? (Read through all the previous posts but most seem to be referring to either A or B1 wards). Many thanks in advance!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I delivered in Nov under subsidized and chose the B2+ ward. There were 5 beds, but when i was warded only 2 were occupied. Fully aircon, with attached toilets. Nurses werensuper helpful towards me, who was "fall prone". Literally went into the toilet with me and assisted me with everything. Overall they were all fine by me. It was a pleasant experience for me as i didnt have any issues throughout with kkh.

Read more
4y ago

Would be good to settle on the last appt, in fact u can actually do it anytime. We did it during the last appt, cus we asked the staff and always get diff replies which made us confused. But glad we settled it before admission so that we dont panic on on the delivery day itself and husband is free to accompany me.

Super Mum

Yes u'll still receive the goodie bag, i think it's for all moms generally, regardless of which ward. Overall great experience at B+ ward - the nurses were very helpful esp when i was having problems nursing my newborn. Just 1 or 2 cranky nurses who worked middle of the night >

4y ago

Thanks very much for your helpful sharing! :) That’s certainly reassuring to know that you had a good experience in Ward B2+!

Just like you, i am fine with midwives or any gynae, hence i chose the sub route. I was delievered by a labour nurse, and a doctor who happen to make his rounds came in to help when i was doing my push.

4y ago

Most welcome. Glad u benefitted from it. Im a FTM and i got no other experience to compare to, but kkh so far has been alright for me. Take care and all the best to you!

And yes, still eligible for a goodie bag. Its a backpack, containing lots of samples like baby wipes, baby shower gels, nipple cream, vaginal wash, swaddles etc.

4y ago

Yay thank you! Good to know what to expect inside the bag!

TapFluencer

i was in c ward. goodie bag just need to scan qr code in the booklet they pass to you.