KKH B2+ Ward for Delivery

Anyone gave birth at KKH recently? Heard that they are no longer offering the B2+ wards (at least for now). Anyone experienced this?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Understand this is an old post but for those who’re reading this only now, here’s my comment. Hope it helps! ☺️ Even the 6-bedded wards at KKH are now air-conditioned with fans. Save on your ward choice cause you never know what post-pregnancy complications you might developed. I had an emergency c-sect on 19 Oct 2020 and had post-pregnancy complications (never had any problems during pregnancy). My total bill size was $11+k as I had to stay for 6 days in hospital. I had pre-eclampsia😱! Luckily I chose a 6-bedded Ward. $4k+ was covered by my insurance and the remaining was covered by Medisave so I didn’t have to fork out a single cent. I was also given $900 cheque for my hospital stay. And oh, many have been saying you can claim $900 worth of pre-pregnancy bills back to Medisave, which I also had the same thought. But my insurance reimbursed the amount $1+k back to me in cheque cause my total pre-pregnancy scans, tests and appts were $1+k. So I’m not sure how it works for those reimbursed back to Medisave.

Read more
3y ago

B1 is 4-bedded is not under subsidised. If you take B1 than you’ll be under private costs, even after you give birth, you follow up appt will be private. Just take B2 (6-bedded) cause it’s the highest you can get for an air-con ward under subsidised route. It has centralised air con and fans above each patient. C Ward is 8 bedded without air con I think. But you can call in to check. They should already give you the estimated bill size with a link for you to check on the wards that are available for you to choose from so you can plan your finances.

i recently gave birth in KKH if i never rmbr wrongly B2+ ward-5 bedded is stil closed due to current situation. u can stil choose single bedded, 4 bedded and 6 bedded wards

VIP Member

B2+ is still unavailable now (Feb 2021) All hospitals need to have a ward designed for Covid emergency. In KKH they are using the B2+

understand this is an old post. May I ask what ward did you chose since B2+ is not available? did you get a free upgrade in the end?

3y ago

I’m the original poster for this post and I chose c class in the end! Very happy with my decision!

I give birth in Mar this year. Staying in B2+ ward. Maybe you can check with KKH

Yes, they close the b2+ (for now).. delivered in April..

It's Dec and B2 plus is still closed. Curious as to why.

3y ago

I think it’s due to the needs of COVID? Heard that they are repurposing the B2+ wards for other purposes.