Covid 19 vaccine

Hi, currently I'm 29 weeks and I went for my checkup ytd and my gynae advise me to take covid 19 vaccine. Anyone took the vaccine already and does it have any effect? I quite worried about it as I'm not sure will it affect my baby or not. Can someone advise?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! I understand your struggle. Was recommended to take the vaccine when I was in week 33.. around the time the terms “endemic” was surfacing in the news. I just finished my second shot of Pfizer 5 days ago. Only experienced tiredness and sore arms. If you wish to take the vaccine shortly after birth (e.g 1 month after confinement etc) one thing to consider is that if you are breastfeeding+ you have a newborn to care for, concerns such as : will there be a dip in my milk supply? Will I be too tired to breastfeed / care for baby etc etc if I have a fever.. might come up. I have 2 friends who are caught in a bind now with these concerns. Hence I chose to go ahead with the vaccine after weighing.. (esp now with cases on the rise)

Read more

I had both my vaccine already. Moderna. 1st shot I was perfectly well, 2nd shot was feeling a bit sore and restless. Had to eat paracetamol. Both taken during trimester 2. Now doing awesome. I did a lot of reading before and honestly, would encourage mummies to go for their vaccine. Heard that preggy unvaccinated mummies who got covid, most of them had to give birth to their babies prematurely... say about 7mths or so.

Read more

Have taken Pfizer at 16 weeks & 20 weeks! Sore arms for first dose, headache and fatigue for second dose. But all is good! Baby is still active! And so glad that i took the vaccine in midst of all the rising cases and furthermore return to office now. Would recommend to take! Don’t worry!

many mummies have taken the vaccine if you do a search on the posts here. your body processes the vaccine to produce antibodies which protects you, and ultimately the baby