Breast pump recommendations

Currently 18 weeks and there are many sales around. People suggested I started getting all those expensive things from now so it will not burden me towards the end. So any recommendations for breast pumps? First time mum. Something easy to use. ☺️

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Many will recommend Spectra or Medela since these 2 have hospital grades pump. For me I choose Haakaa. Love all the reviews cos you don't need to tire yourself with pumping. You basically just put it on 1 of your boob (suction) when your baby is nursing on the other side & it collects your leaking milk. You save money on breastpads which will eventually go to the bin. Highly recommended by many. Super affordable & very easy to use!

Read more

Personally tried Spectra S1 and feel the suction and volume pumped out is the best. I only got a single pump but please get the double pump one to reduce the time spent pumping. I also got a Imani breast pump (love the wireless function and wanted to try since I am going back to work) to try but the milk pumped out seems to be 10% lesser and I feel doesn't empty my breasts as well as Spectra

Read more

I bought Spectra 9+ Dual pump + Haakaa Silicon Pump as recommended by other mums but I have yet to use them as my EDD is 23 Dec. Both are inexpensive + easy to use so I guess no harm trying.

Depends on your nipple size as well. Everyone else is talking about Spectra or Medela but personally it doesn’t express much breastmilk for me. So it’s also trial and error.

medela swing maxi. its easy to use, small and compact in size.

VIP Member

Maybe you can try using the Spectra or Pigeon brand mom