Using Initials before Bb Is born

Just curious! Why do some mummies to be use initials only - e.g Baby J before the bb is born? Is this some kind of myth not to share the baby’s name before bb is born?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it’s a personal preference or sometimes privacy. Don’t think it’s bad luck or anything. I am totally ok telling close friends and family if they ask. But who knows, when baby is born, he may look and behave a lot more like another name! :)

It’s actually a pantang thing. Most of them, including me, wants the baby’s name to be a surprise. I only told closed ones her name, before her birth. And I post her photo on social media only after my confinement period ends. This is a pantang thing.

2y ago

Yeah. For Malays, mostly is to avoid evil eye from people. Anyway, if you follow Malay confinement period of the 44days, then you get to be selfish and spend more time with your little one first! And be like a SURPRISE to everyone once confinement ends and show everyone your beautiful/handsome baby. Like building up the excitement for everyone hahahaha! 💕

Not sharing name yet to prevent overly concerned friends giving comments about baby’s name before baby is born and wanting to play a part is giving additional ideas to baby’s name.

Mine is also Baby J! 😂 bcos we haven’t decided on his name. Me & my husband’s name started with J so we decided to name him starting with J too.

for us, just don't want people to insert and comment on our name choice. when baby is officially out and name birth cert, cannot say anything. lol

some people more pantang, don’t want to share the name until bb is born. just superstition

i think its juat a choice, somw mummies want it to bw a surprise when baby is born so yeah.

My both babies are baby J 😂😂 I just didn’t want to annoy ppl with my babies names lol

2y ago

😂

Thank u all for your sharing your thoughts! 🤗☺️