My cousin is a proud single parent, but often gets crtiticized by her friends and other parents from more traditional families. I think there's nothing wrong with single parenting... Do you agree?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Totally nothing wrong with being raised by a single parent. I think it teaches the child the value of being independent and being strong for oneself. Though it can be more challenging as the parent needs to be both the mom and dad. He/She also needs to manage time wisely. Making sure quality time is spent despite working hard to provide the needs for both of them. I salute single parents out there!

Magbasa pa

Single parents shouldn't be judged just because they don't raise a family in a conventional way. It's usually the society who criticize and generalize single parents. I admire those who are very determined to raise their kids on their own no matter what it takes.

I agree with you. I was raised by my mom on her own and it does not make her less of a person. I think as long as the parent can teach their child proper values and they are not doing anything wrong in order to leave, then no one should judge her. Aja to your cousin!

I agree. I actually admire the single parents I know personally. They work to be able to provide financially but at the same can still manage to do household chores and spend time and raise good kids.

Totally nothing wrong of being a single parent. I agree with everyone. They should be admired and accepted in the society. It does not make her a less of a person that should be respected.

Absolutely nothing --- I think they're the strongest of us all. I rely on my partner so often and I really don't know where single parents get the strength to do everything!

There's nothing wrong being a single parent. They do their best to provide and raised their kids, which is really hard. Their strength is admirable.

Yes sis. Nothing's wrong to be a single parent. Be proud of it kasi nagagawa nya lahat ng responsibility mg mag isa. I salute to her

TapFluencer

Ex single parent. Yes. Nothing is wrong. Hindi mali to choose life.

Totally agree! I admire her courage to raise her child on her own..