Confinement Food

Hello, could i get a few thoughts and recommendations on some confinement food caterers? I've seen quite a number but having a hard time choosing. The few i've seen good reviews on are Tian Wei, Nouriche and Thomson. Would appreciate some feedback!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got Tianwei! I thought their service and menu was pretty awesome because it's fully customisable - just need to message them at least one day before, before 3pm I had c section so I requested for no chicken in the first 2 weeks - they replaced with pork and fish! Baby had jaundice so I requested for no ginger at the start. I tried the pork knuckle vinegar and really couldn't eat it so I requested to change that to something else. Portions were good - fed both me and my husband honestly haha and taste was good. There was some repeat, but honestly nothing more than 2-3 times

Read more
2w ago

second Tianwei. loved the food and soups. everyday look forward to my meals.

I tried Tian Wei twice at the fairs but tbh I didn't really like it. The fish dish had a weird fishy smell which was a no-no for me, especially for pregnancy women whose senses are more heightened. I took Thomson in the end as I did enjoy their trial, but I do agree that the dishes did get quite repetitive in the end. I liked Chilli Padi so maybe if I get pregnant again, I will choose that. For me, if I could redo my confinement food, I would choose probably the 28-dya package but either lunch or dinner only, instead of having both lunch and dinner.

Read more

I didn’t enjoy thomson’s confinement food. Oily and sometimes there’s so much pork! Eg stir fried pork with pork rib soup 🤢 One time I even have a tray full of mushrooms!!!! That dish only mushrooms you know. Can’t help but think that the chef forgot a dish and simply chop chop fry fry mushrooms for me.

Read more

Tian Wei sucks in my opinion. The food looked and tasted the same everyday! It was so gross that I ended up asking my hubby to eat my meals instead towards the last week. My suggestion is to buy the package from diff catering at different weeks so you don’t get bored of the food.

You can get a trial meal to try out 1st. that's what I did.

TapFluencer

second the trial