Confinement meal caterers

Hi mummies! Appreciate any honest reviews of Yue Zi Le and Tian Wei, doing a comparison between these 2 before committing. Thanks!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I tried both, each 2 meals x 14 days package. TW: better in terms of food presentation (vibrant colours to increase appetite). Taste wise, some hit and miss. Eg their pork trotter vinegar was disappointing😅 rather bland. After a while I did feel a bit sien of the dishes, as in altho they are different dishes but the taste are on the ‘healthier’ side haha and similar taste of sesame oil/ginger/red dates/goji. but it is just my personal preference, i like stronger flavour food. YZL: food presentation soso but actually taste not bad! I like that we get to choose our preferred meat dishes (between 2 options) from 2nd week onwards. And I rmb their pig trotter vinegar is super yumzzz that I actually reordered. The downside is that almost every meal they serve rice as carbs. Though there are variation like pumpkin rice, gingko nut rice, 5 grain rice etc but to me they are all rice lol. I was hoping for some noodles for a change! I wld suggest u really look through their menu carefully and see which one entice u more?:)

Read more

I did a trial meal for my first pregnancy and was disappointed that they couldnt avoid giving me herb dish (i specially requested nt as gynae had alr mentioned). Anyway i ordered tianwei in the end and for me i tink is ok because i prefer more customization (eg i dun wan pork trotters etc). I mentioned i was diagnosed with GD during pregnancy and they had suggested to change all my carbs to soup after i delivered. Will order tianwei again this round for my 2nd baby. :)

Read more

i had TW for 28days lunch n dinner. agree with the reviews above ; food pretty repetitive and had similar taste of sauces used. it was tasty though by the 2nd wk I cant wait for it to be over as I couldnt stand eating repetitive food 😅 u might wanna order 14days each frm different caterers? to reduce chances of getting tired of the food lol

Read more

You can order their trial meals for comparison. I’m not sure about YZL but TWS has trial meal around $35-$40. Just ordered their trial. Will be comparing between TWS and Thomson. So I ordered both. Wanted to make sure I like the cooking style before committing else will be stuck with 1 month of food I don’t like.

Read more

You can order their trial meal and compare. For me I straight away ordered Tianwei for 28 days (lunch only) bcos of their good reviews and early bird discount. :) Though the food abit repetitive but I kind of enjoyed them. Love their generous amount of soup and red dates soup :)