32 Weeks rant about going to work

Context: I am a primary school teacher in SG. I am a private patient in NUH. I am REALLY exhausted after lower primary classes. Physically and emotionally. I had panic attack last week at work. Last checkup was a few a days ago and my gynae refused to grant me HL for the next 3 weeks till next checkup at week 35 - only gave me 1-week HL. Knowing that I have 2 more weeks of work in my current state is giving me stress. I have maxed out all my MCs already and I was really hoping to utilise the HL entitlement to rest at home. Can I bring myself to A&E on the last day of my 1-week HL and request for longer HL till my next checkup? Is that possible? Anyone had long HL from week 30 onwards till you gave birth?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy sorry to hear abt your predicament :( I’m a nuh private patient too and working with with a gov board. My gynae gave hl at 37 weeks and did that without batting an eyelid or questioning why. She even said she can extend it if I don’t deliver by 40 weeks. Ultimately, I think it depends on the situation you’re in but I completely empathize with you cos it’s never easy to teach and handle pregnancy woes at the same time. Hugs to you!

Read more