32 Weeks rant about going to work

Context: I am a primary school teacher in SG. I am a private patient in NUH. I am REALLY exhausted after lower primary classes. Physically and emotionally. I had panic attack last week at work. Last checkup was a few a days ago and my gynae refused to grant me HL for the next 3 weeks till next checkup at week 35 - only gave me 1-week HL. Knowing that I have 2 more weeks of work in my current state is giving me stress. I have maxed out all my MCs already and I was really hoping to utilise the HL entitlement to rest at home. Can I bring myself to A&E on the last day of my 1-week HL and request for longer HL till my next checkup? Is that possible? Anyone had long HL from week 30 onwards till you gave birth?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally understand ur predicament! I'm a P1 teacher, was pregnant last year, it was super exhausting and my asthma worsened, feet got so swollen I cld hardly walk. I spoke to my RO and P abt reducing my duties and had my gynae wrote a letter abt my condition. Tt helped a bit. I also got 5 wks HL frm wk 32 onwards. Lucky for me it was alr Dec holidays when I was at my 37th wk so no HL rqd. I was with Parkway East anw. My colleague who had similar asthmatic condition only managed to get 2 wks prior to EDD, she was with KK private. I think it's true tt private hospitals are more flexible in giving HLs.

Read more
3y ago

That is such a relief for you! Hmm probably next baby I'll go for private hosp instead if I am still in service lol