Parents-in-law 24/7 complaining

They complain that they cant carry the baby . But becoz ever since my discharge , they have been taking the baby out of the room . Arent baby suppose to be close w the mother as of now ? They kept taking and only return her to me when she sleeps. When my baby awakes, she is out of the room again. I cant take it and insisted "rules" . They complained to my husband, and my husband sided them and etc. I feel shitty that I am like not my child's mother. Along w that, my husband went on saying that give birth was easy. Haha, i am tired . dear parents, please help me. It's my child, but i rarely have time to see her just because her grandparents kept taking her away. Even angbao money, they kept. Arent it suppose to be the parents who keep it ? Who is the parent now? I dont even know . Haha.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry to know your situation. Could it be your parents-in-law want you to rest more? If is not, then you may tell them you want to have more time with the baby and will let them spend some time with the baby as well. About the red packets money, you may get back from them and open a joint saving account. I am surprised your husband said giving birth is easy. The fact is a woman is risking her life from the day she is pregnant till she gives birth.

Read more
4y ago

For the sake of your mental well-being, please leave that hell hole. I won’t be surprised if they fight for custody over your child in the future..