Blocked Nose During First Trimester

Is it common to have blocked nose in the first trimester? What do you usually do about it?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've chronic stuffy nose and I am on daily medication even before pregnancy (my meds are cleared by both gynae and respiratory doctors). My nose did get even more blocked when I entered second trimester. I've checked with my respiratory doctor in January and she said it's common to have blocked/stuffy nose in pregnancy. She mentioned blocked ears may also occur. It's usually from hormonal changes, unless you have other cold symptoms like fever or aches. If you want to take any med, it's Chlorpheniramine as far as I know but it's a prescription (and drowsy) medication. If you want to be very sure, do check with your doctor since you're still in your first trimester. I also use humidifier with essential oils like peppermint oil at night, cause it got very drying for my throat when I sleep. Warm compress on my face helped when I felt very miserable. https://www.healthhub.sg/live-healthy/1051/safe-use-of-medicines-during-pregnancy

Read more