13 Replies

I've chronic stuffy nose and I am on daily medication even before pregnancy (my meds are cleared by both gynae and respiratory doctors). My nose did get even more blocked when I entered second trimester. I've checked with my respiratory doctor in January and she said it's common to have blocked/stuffy nose in pregnancy. She mentioned blocked ears may also occur. It's usually from hormonal changes, unless you have other cold symptoms like fever or aches. If you want to take any med, it's Chlorpheniramine as far as I know but it's a prescription (and drowsy) medication. If you want to be very sure, do check with your doctor since you're still in your first trimester. I also use humidifier with essential oils like peppermint oil at night, cause it got very drying for my throat when I sleep. Warm compress on my face helped when I felt very miserable. https://www.healthhub.sg/live-healthy/1051/safe-use-of-medicines-during-pregnancy

Usually it start from 16 week if pregnancy and will stay till end of it. It is cause by high levels of the pregnancy hormones, estrogen and progesterone,  increase blood flow to all of your body's mucous membranes — including the nose. The mucous membranes swell and soften, leading to a stuffy nose. The constant blowing and sneezing produces the occasional nosebleed. You may also develop postnasal drip, which in turn can occasionally cause coughing or gagging at night. To combat the dryness in your nose, dab a little petroleum jelly in each nostril using a cotton swab and you can have a humidifier to help ease the symptoms but you can’t really do much to prevent them. Hope the above help. Take good care and God bless you and baby💙

Super Mum

I didn’t either. You can see a gp if u want, tell them u are preg and they will prescribe u suitable medicine .

VIP Member

I had faced it n repeated cold as well, hence doc recommended flu shots.. so after tht I was fine

Drink more water , use some peppermint balm or eo and I also eat manuka honey

JL Woo do you know that the same happends with me. Because your pregnent.

hi mummies anyone face gasing and keep on burping during pregnancy..?

having one now 😂 blocked ears sometimes too

I experience the same, thanks for all answers

Can take antihistamine if you want to

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles