Asking for a second one

Care to share how soon did your in-laws/parents/nosey relatives pester you for a second baby after your first child was born? 🙄 For those who didn't just smile politely and ignore, what good comebacks did you have?? Pls share so I can learn and prepare answers for this pesky question haha. 😆

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

“You help me lor:)” Ask them to help you and your husband to get enough rest and good nutrition so you can make babies. They can help to look after number 1 or give you good food. And ask if they’re willing to help take care of number 2 in the future too. They only think of the existence of the baby, but don’t realise how much time and energy is required to care for kids, let alone 2. Lol. Plus the pregnancy is tiring and sometimes painful. So.. you and your husband just decide on whether and when to have another kid ok? What both of you think is way more important

Read more
3y ago

haha thanks, this is good, it'll be like a sarcastic remark to remind them how they've totally been of no help and did not give good food throughout my current pregnancy.

TapFluencer

after 1year. I gave a firm no and said I want to take a break. for those irritating ones, I will reply my life my plans. I want to to stop at one you can't controlled me too.

3y ago

Thanks! I need to start learning how to say a firm no, even to the elders. I feel like I'll sure gonna get bombarded if I reply the FIL and SILs we may want to stop at one. 😓Then they'll say only child, and daughter somemore, HOW CAN?! Which will be like a personal attack on me haha cos I'm an only child.