sterilizer- UV or steam?

Cannot decide if I should splurge on a UV sterilizer or just get the cheaper steam type. Mummies, which do you use and why? Which brands?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Used steam 4 yrs ago for first baby when UV was less common. It was fine and did its function well. But waiting for the things to dry, especially pump parts, was difficult for me, because I used the pump both at home and at work. Currently use the UV steriliser (Ecomon). Managed to get some discounts with coupons and all on online platforms. Works well and dries the stuff, which makes me very happy. Haha. So the biggest added advantage is drying. If you’re happy to air dry it, then steam steriliser or putting in boiling water is all you need.

Read more
TapFluencer

Personal thoughts, i realize those mummies who use traditional hot water method baby is stronger not so easily fall sick. I'm using haenim 2, 3 days a week. The other house i use hot water.

i bought tommee tippee steam steriliser, used less than a week i decided to chnage, the bottles are always wet n such a hassle. i use 59s now

VIP Member

Using just steam. Before UV was invented babies still grew up strong and well with just steam. UV might even weaken their immune system

VIP Member

UV definitely. Haenim uv sterilizer. Save time to dry I've used for 2 yrs and counting :)

UV and dryer for milk containers.

TapFluencer

UV. Ray Queen

TapFluencer

Uv