Breastfeeding while pregnant

Can you still breastfeed if you're pregnant? #breastfeed #pregnancy #nursing #milk

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, you can. But the mother’s diet now becomes very important because her body has to provide the necessary nutrients to the unborn child while providing milk for the baby. Hence, eating well is vital to ensure that the mother, baby and the unborn fetus are all receiving enough nutrients. As a guide, if the nursing child is younger than six months old, the mother will need an additional 650 calories a day. If the baby has started on solids, the mother will still need around 500 calories. These are on top of the 350 (for second trimester) and 450 (for third trimester) calories that one will need during pregnancy. Another common concern nursing mothers have would be that breastfeeding would stimulate uterine contractions and may lead to miscarriage or premature labour. However, there is really no risk in this case as the amount of oxytocin released during breastfeeding is unlikely to be enough to cause the cervix to open prematurely. The breast milk, though may have trace amount of pregnancy hormones, is still safe for the baby. In general, if the mother is healthy and having a normal pregnancy, it will be her choice whether to continue breastfeeding. Speak to the doctor for his/her advice since the doctor will be familiar with the mother’s medical history and could highlight any points that needed to be considered regarding this issue. I had a friend who decided to stop because she was having difficulties having to keep herself well nourished. She was getting stressed from having to try to keep up with the supply and was feeling tired and lethargic all the time. Given that her baby was already 14 months when she found out that she was pregnant, she thought it was a good time to wean him. For more information on breastfeeding during pregnancy: http://www.llli.org/nb/nbjanfeb08p32.html

Read more
5mo ago

Amazing advice mamma bear! x wendy founder - Mammas Milk Bar

Wendy here - founder of award winning pregnancy and lactation supplements brand www.mammasmilkbar.com Absolutely! Breastfeeding while pregnant is often possible and safe for many women. We get heaps of women come through our store who tandem feed and I can share with your their experiences - Your body is amazing and can adapt to nourish both your growing baby and your older child. Some women may experience changes in milk supply or sensitivity, but others continue breastfeeding without issues. The different they find out most is the balance of a good diet to help the quality of milk supply. apart from our delicious lactation drinks and smoothie blends, they also find that eating a well balanced meal of Fish, Vegetables, lean protein and drinking lots of water helps keep up their energy levels and also their demand for supply while growing their baby. Some mums find that taking our Supermums+ wholefood blends can help with extra nourishment and fibre intake. You can find our experts at our Instagram page to have a chat anytime - @mammasmilkbar. We do our best to provide personalized advice to support your breastfeeding journey during pregnancy Im a Sgporean / Msian who set up an award winning pregnancy and lactation supplmement brand in Australia and New Zealand. Im going back to SG soon and would love to hold a mummys only event if any mums were keen to attend! Remember, every mum's experience is unique, and we're here to help make it a positive one for you and your little ones.

Read more

Breastfeeding while pregnant, also known as tandem breastfeeding, is generally safe for most women if they are healthy and have a low-risk pregnancy. However, it is important to note that breastfeeding during pregnancy can be physically demanding on the body, and it may not be suitable for all women. Here are some things to consider at https://zakbags.com/ consult with your healthcare provider: If you are considering breastfeeding while pregnant, it is important to talk to your healthcare provider first. They can evaluate your health status and advise you on whether it is safe for you and your baby. increase your calorie intake: Breastfeeding while pregnant can be demanding on the body, so it is important to eat a well-balanced diet and increase your calorie intake to ensure that you and your baby get all the necessary nutrients.

Read more

Remember, every woman's experience is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. It is important to prioritize your own health and well-being, as well as the needs of both your www.pintdow.com breastfeeding child and the developing fetus. Discussing your specific situation with a healthcare professional will provide you with the most accurate and personalized advice.

Read more

Yes, my gynae encouraged me to continue to breastfeed even during pregnant as the oxytocin released is too little to stimulate uterine contractions. However, my milk all dried up when I am 4 months pregnant for my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, thus I have no choice but to wean my no.1 and no.2 from latching and switched to formula milk.

Read more
5mo ago

Aw wow you are amazing Diana! Maybe our products could help your journey - come have a chat with me @mammasmilkbar x wendy founder - www.mammasmilkbar.com

Im in my 3rd trimester now and still breastfeeding my almost 2 years old. She's comfort latching most of the time. She's very into comfort latching so dun think will wean her off. Will continue latch till her sibling is here den i will tandem nurse them. :)

5mo ago

Ho Hilly, that sounds like the sweetest thing ever, that mum-baby bond will be so precious to enjoy before baby arrives come find me (wendy) at @mammasmilkbar if you needed any advice on Baby no 2. I own a award winning pergnancy and lactation brand (oringall from spore/msia but moved to NZ/Aus and started my brand here. Am going back to SG and though I would get onto growing a mummy community since we already grew a large community in australia and new zeland!) -Wendy www.mammasmilkbar.com

i'm currently 5 weeks pregnant and breastfeeding my almost 1 year old. a lot of them ask me to stop breastfeeding? i shld just continue right?

5mo ago

Hey lovely Wendy, founder of award winning pregnancy and lactation brand here - www.mammasmilkbar.com Yes if you are able, it is the best for you and baby, just remember to eat a well balanced nourishing diet to help support your body growing baby as well as feeding your child - fish, eggs, lots of veg, red fruits and also drinking lots of water. Some mums find that taking our Supermums+ wholefood blends can help with extra nourishment and fibre intake. You can find us at our Instagram page to have a chat anytime - @mammasmilkbar. We do our best to provide personalized advice to support your breastfeeding journey during pregnancy Im a Sgporean / Msian who set up an award winning pregnancy and lactation supplmement brand in Australia and New Zealand. Remember, every mum's experience is unique, and we're here to help make it a positive one for you and your little ones.

thanks

VIP Member

Yes you can do it