Can I use my breast as pacifier? Whenever baby is inconsolably crying, I will resort to giving her my breast to pacify her. I am afraid this might overfeed her as she has few episodes of bringing up milk.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That can also mean that the baby is sucking for comfort and not really wanting milk. One of the disadv is that you are confusing baby by offering ur breasts whenever she cries. This reinforced her to cry and get milk. You might get burnt out if consistently this way. It is ok to let baby cries at times but definitely not for v long. As if u attend to the baby immediately, the next time, she will know how to react and call for u. For both my children, I did not immediately attend to them when they cried. I let them cry while I stood at the side to watch and making sure they r ok. Play some soft music at the background will help.

Read more

For me,it is ok to do that. It makes my child very happy, not fussy and quickly calm down after i nurse her. Also this phase will gradually reduce when yout baby starts exploring and crawling and slowly let go of you. Of coursw she'll keep coming back to you when she's tired or upset, but she'll trust you so much.

Read more