Being naive me, i followed my CL way to sterilise a NUK tongs in my Dr Brown steriliser since the birth of lo. I went to buy a new NUK tongs to replace the broken one today and the Kiddy Palace staff mentioned that plastic tongs are not meant to be sterilised! What should i do now? Am i being over worried? Lo is gng to 6mo now.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The tongs are meant for taking the bottles out of the steriliser as a means of hygiene and for your protection right? I don't think this will affect your baby directly. But I'm guessing you are worried that the tongs being in the steriliser might affect baby's bottles and other things yeah? According to the NUK website, the tongs are made of a "high quality material" so I assume those can withstand heat pretty well and I don't think it will have any adverse effects on baby.

Read more
VIP Member

What done is done, perhaps, you can discard the one sterilise and use a new one for grabbing thing out. Always do check around with different people what can sterilise what cannot. After all, different people give different answer, so not all the same. It's good to have a double cfm ans.