Going holiday while domestic helper stays at home

Been thinking of hiring helper but husband still wants to go for multiple holidays per year.He seems to think it is fine to leave the helper at home while we are on holiday.We can ask my mum to spot check now and then but I also don't wish to trouble her if I can.Is it advisable to leave helper at home without supervision?Any thoughts?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on how much you trust your helper. My dad have a helper for 6 years (no problems at all with her) but still when he go overseas and can’t bring her (they usually bring her along unless to places that are not very halal friendly like Taiwan), they will ask her to go over to his mil/my grandma’s place. Her job is to take care of kids, occasionally do some house work if she’s free so when she go over, no kids so she will help out with light housework. No change in or add on in her workload. Whereas another helper, she brought her bf back to my dad’s home (no hanky panky, got cctv) when she goes out (from my grandma house). Ask for money from my grandma before she goes out too. (As expected, fired her.) My advise is, if you can afford, bring her. Spend abit more money but you don’t have to constantly worry about your house during the trip. Don’t have to trouble third person as well. 😊 If you can’t, make sure no one overuses her while also making sure she don’t overturn your house. Install CCTV at common areas and lock all the doors that you don’t want her to have access to.

Read more
12mo ago

wow that is quite outrageous that the helper dares to bring the bf home..it's also my concern that such things may happen while we are away. I will discuss with my husband again as he is looking at going on holidays often 😳 Appreciate the advice and suggestions 😃