Hi, my bb is 7 days old. Fully latch on demand. He tend to be more cranky at night, any advice should I start giving him pacifier? Will it cause nipple confusion?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

both my girls were fully latched on demand babies. and both didn't get the paci. coz their paci was me! lol !! yes there are is ups ams downs coz when they are older sometimes they just wanna pacify on you not drink. but it's all part and parcel of bf. it's really your choice. maybe he's cranky coz he's uncomfortable? it'll take awhile for him and you to get into a routine... he's only 7 days old. you can do it mommy! !=)

Read more
VIP Member

I started giving baby pacifier at about one month. No nipple confusion. She's now 4 months old and needs to latch or have a pacifier to fall off to sleep. Once she's asleep we remove the pacifier from her mouth. I personally believe that pacifier use is okay if breastfeeding is going very well and has been established. This usually happens in the third to fourth week.

Read more

For me, I just simply nurse baby to sleep and he actually sleeps longer and seemed to be a happier baby. Bonding with the baby is definitely increased and it is very important. Pacifier is usually introduced when mummy can't take it anymore. I didn't give it to my lo under he was abt 7.5 mths and best thing, he rejects it.

Read more