My baby just started walking. We're looking to buy proper shoes for her. Shoes that will not cause her to have blisters etc. Stride rite or clarks? Why? You're welcome to intro other brands to us too :)

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For beginner, i recommend, stride rite soft sole, let baby get used of wearing shoes and walk around. Their grip is better. After baby more stable down at walking, little blue lamb is good. Especially squeaky, noisy but i can find my active running baby easily. The moment he is on the floor, he is like the racing horse, GO! http://www.dearbaby.com.sg/shop/manufacturer_list/12-little-blue-lamb.html This brand is good and not too expensive, can go OG and wait for 20% discount and buy.

Read more
8y ago

Ah great! Will check them out. Thanks. :)

If just started walking, pre walker shoes should be more appropriate. Soft and cloth ones. Kiddy palace have. They dun walk much also. And wear and tear is sure to have. Probably you baby will outgrow them faster than the wear and tear! After proper walking, I tried Carters shoes! I liked them cos very cushiony! Dun buy the max cool brand ones, will get blister! I haven tried Croc cos see too much news on rubber shoes stuck in escalator! Phobia! :p

Read more
8y ago

At kiddy palace.

Bella Sam, you can find cloth shoe that the sole is very soft and thin rubber because your baby girl just started walking still not so balance. I myself when my boy started walking I bought him a pair of shoe and his toe go red and pain due the the hard rubber. After changing to soft rubber sole and cloth shoe he is ok and walk balance. Sorry that I English not so good. Hope this can help you.

Read more

Melissa for little girls and those Crocs shoes (not the weird looking sandals, actual shoes from the Crocs line) are popular amongst the parents I know. Personally, I did not have a positive experience with Crocs shoes but some seem to favour them. Another friend of mine bought her little girl's shoes from Tabao, it's this online store that sells everything and anything at wholesale prices.

Read more

Pediped. pediped Originals has soft leather soles, soft enough for little feet to feel the floor when learning to walk and strong enough to last any walking. designs are pretty too especially for baby gals. sold at mothercare. http://www.pediped.com.sg/pediped_footwear_system_originals

8y ago

Pediped has pig skin lining right I heard?

I love the Mickey/Minnie/Hello Kitty shoes sold in Kiddy Palace as they have very soft transparent soles. My kids wore those when they started walking and have no problem with that. It's 29.90 per pair if I didn't rem wrongly.

Order the Carters shoes. They are really very very good and comfortable. I ordered 3 pairs in various sizes to allow my girl to run around in and no issues of them cutting the skin or feet. :)

8y ago

Carters? Okay I'll look into that. Thanks.

For babies who are just beginning to walk, pedidped, Bobux and stride rite are the best. The soles are made specifically for their feet. When they are older you can consider Clark's.

best thing let it try barefoot so dat he cud experience his own feet touching on the ground n felt wht wht the textures like...no hurry to buy shoe.

Pediped is a good choice. Though its more on the pricey side but its a good starter shoes as its very soft and has good support for learning walking.

8y ago

But Pediped has pig skin lining right I heard?