My baby started on solids last month. She recently strains when she is going to poop. Her poop is not in pallet form, but quite dry. She cried when pooping yesterday night. We realised that there is blood. Should we monitor first or bring her to see a doctor?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All babies will go through constipation at some point in time and especially after they start on solids. It could her digestive system is still trying to get used to solids or it could be she is not taking enough fluids. Give her plain water. I also agree on giving her the P fruits like papaya and prune and plum. To have blood in the stools means need to monitor , pls bring to PD if she continues to have blood and if her constipation persist. Constipation can increase the risk of UTI btw. Have you tried giving her more spinach and sweet potato which is good for constipation? I also try to purée and mash the food more when my gal did not poo for two days as I find that with purée food she digests it better

Read more
7y ago

Thanks. There is either sweet potatoes or carrots in her porridge. Will try to give her spinach in her diet.