Hi, my baby is now 6 months old... i started baby led weaning recently . he seems not interested at any finger food that i prepared for him. He just looked at it and didn't touch it . sometimes he just grabbed and thrown it (not even put into his mouth) but he prefered toy into his mouth. i even showed him how to eat ( i ate the same thing i prepared to him). i also fed him with cereal , fruits in the morning ( he didn't refuse but he just ate it) . does it mean he prefers spoon feeding ? many thanks in advance and have a great day ahead ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In baby led weaning, the first few weeks are considered exploratory phase. Baby will play with his food and may not even consume them. Continue offering a variety of food and don't be disheartened. Milk is still their primary source of food between 6-9 months and a baby can grow as healthily even with milk alone. Have you read the book by Gill Rapley or even blogs on BLW to manage your expectations? I strongly suggest you to do so and also to join the BLW FB group.

Read more