anxious mummy

Baby now 3 weeks old. Sleeps in Aircon. Temp 26. Now having phlegm. What should I do?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You can consider using a dehumidifier or place a cup of water to make the air more moist. The phlegm may not be due to the aircon. Is your baby on breast milk or formula? If on formula, you may need to change to another one. Or is anyone in your family not feeling well? You may need to bring your baby to a doctor if there is wheezing.

Read more
5y ago

Yea I just bought a humidifier. And also I was thinking baby's phelgm is due to the FM that I'm giving. So I changed to karihome goats milk. Because he was also constipated. Now he can poop very well. I'm also breastfeeding but low supply so he is mostly on FM. thank u mummy

Try to sleep in well ventilated non air con room. Drink formula? Sometimes formula can be phlegmy. Best to bring to PD if never get better. Please do not try to feed water or any other liquid other than milk

5y ago

Thank u very much mummy

Temp 26 is actually quite cold. I was advised to put on 28-29. So far my lil one has no phlegm. All good! Try that.

5y ago

Thank u mummy☺️

VIP Member

Is your baby breastfed or on formula? Sometimes formula milk causes phlegm not necessarily the aircon.

5y ago

Most likely the formula. My son developed phlegm when he was on formula and developed asthma but as soon as he is off formula (years later) his asthma went away too. Try changing to different formula...

baby is still very young..i'll bring to PD and see what they advice

If is serious bring ur lo go see gp

5y ago

Sure thank u mummy ☺️☺️

Super Mum

Avoid direct Aircon or fan

5y ago

Actually he sleeps very far from the Aircon and we even turned the flap inside the Aircon away from him

Super Mum

See PD