For baby one month shower, where will you all held the occassion? Do you all order cake as well?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I chose a condo function room because I wanted the convenience to have a house to go to in case baby poos, cranky or we need something like water. And I feel baby first birthday is more important than full month so I will splurge more when she turns one.i thought of ordering a cake but in he end I went with mini cupcakes for the dessert table

Read more

I held it at the multi purpose area at the void deck and cater food - it was a cum housewarming too since I didn't really have one. But it was a mistake to do lunch, v hot, should have done dinner instead. We got cake vouchers for relatives from bengawan solo. Just some friends and our relatives - it's already a lot of pple

Read more
8y ago

The usual practice is cake only for relatives - unless u don't have much relatives and friends - such that it won't become a v big number. Best to just voucher and not physical cake at the session - later got pple additional come or never come, u will have a logistic of cake issue. Colleague maybe u just buy a bigger cake for all at the pantry when u are back?

I didn't order cake as it's not the birthday. hahaha. I order angkukueh, and made red eggs myself, outside too exp. one tray of 30 eggs only few dollars. 😝 and placed it tgt with the buffet so people can take the amt they want instead. (: I hold my baby's full moon @ aranda chalet. (:

8y ago

I booked before I give birth, around 3 months in advance liddat. (:

VIP Member

my elders held it at joy garden restaurant. for me, i hold a private and cosy one at my home. most importantly, my girl has to be comfortable somewhere. i did the catering myself. i order cupcakes from twelve cupcakes and diy things myself

I did it at home, got aircon and no logistic problem. I ordered the full month set from sweetest moment which inside got Ang ku kueh n cakes for door gifts. Beside the usual buffet, we separately ordered pointed AKK cause mine is a boy

I like orchid hotel - it's quite affordable. I have also attended baby 100 days at country club Never order cake for 100 days - just get red eggs, ang ku kueh and desert

Read more
8y ago

so dont need those cake like "birthday" cakes?

I did not order a cake. I only ordered some food, and that's it. In fact it wasn't even for his one month. Baby shower I didn't do. Only his first year birthday

VIP Member

I did it at my house. Just ordered buffet and DIY Ang Ku Kueh and red eggs. Simple and not all would actually take the red eggs due to superstitions.

Condo function room are relatively cheaper as a venue. I ordered the little boxes of cakes from Sweetest Moments, I like their box designs.

VIP Member

Bukit Batok CSC. I live in the west and the function room was very affordable ($150 as of 5 years ago). Got my cakes from Sweetest Moments.