Sudden change in sleeping behaviour

My baby is going 10 MTHS in 2 weeks time. Recently, she will cries very badly (shouting and screaming) when put in bed, and wanting us to carry(both daytime nap n night) And very difficult to sleep back when she woke up midnight for milk. In the past, she used to lie down by herself with her comfy blanket and sucking thumb. After milk, she just dose off herself. Not sure of why the sudden change. Any similar experience?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My girl experienced the same when she was around 7-8 months old. It could be due to sleep regression + teething + new motor skills all at the same time. Until now, she just turned 12 months old, sometimes still hard to make her sleep. Before the regression, she fell asleep on her own after 95% of sleep training done and sleep thru the night. Now I'm just hoping for the best 😂

Read more

For my son, it’s because he wanted to sleep with us on our bed. It is inevitable. One day they will hate sleeping in their cot and want to join you on the same bed.

It sounds like sleep regression. I had a tough time with my baby that i cried but it’ll be over soon. You can do it❤️. I know it’s a tough phase. 😩🥴

same. my 10 mths baby is harder to put to sleep. likely because he is teething and learning new things like talking and standing

could be sleep regression...just need to wait it out