Hi.. my baby girl is 11 months old...she eats proper food now and not a mother milk...at night she takes a cow milk..but now also in night time she wake up for 3 or 4 times for feeding ..sometimes she wakes up and start playing..as i m doing job for whole day...i cant sleep properly, due to this..what should i do ...so that she sleeps well whole night....please answer this question as soon as possible

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I can understand how exhausting you would get by the end of the day and then not catching up with your sleep adds to it. See, I think that your baby is not eating her last meal full stomach, which is why she feels hungry at night. I suggest, feed him something solid, like, mashed chapati with vegetable and dahi along with it, or if you eat rice then add little ghee in it. Also, sometimes, imitate their daytime eating habit at night. Say, if you are feeding her after every 4 hours during the day, she would wake up after exactly the same hours at night as well. All in all, I think, first have her take stomach full meal at night and before she sleeps or before you retire, feed her milk with bottle if you are using one or let her have cow milk from glass. This will keep her the feeling of being full the whole night, and hopefully, she would not wake up as often as she does.

Read more

Dear mommy...sorry to give u the bad news but it's possible that ur baby will still take time to sleep through the night. My elder one slept through the night only when she turned about 2, while the younger one was sleeping well by around 10 months of age. Try to make sure that ur baby has a full tummy to avoid waking up in the middle of the night due to hunger. Also, if ur baby still does wake up, avoid getting up and playing..just keep lying down and tell ur baby it's time to sleep. Try to keep tapping and speaking softly. It may take time but ur baby will slowly get into a pattern. Also do make sure to check the diaper and change it if it's too wet

Read more

different babies reach the sleep through the night stage at different ages. my elder one slept better than the younger, and i was confused both times! i'd say don't encourage her much when she wakes up at night, and instead just stay lying down with the lights off. she will play herself and fall off to sleep again.

Read more