My baby completed 7 months. What and all foods should I give to her? Is it ok to give food after 6pm?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, As all said above, you can feed her all homemade food provided it is easy to digest food and mashed nicely. You can give khichdi, mashed fruits, especially banana, potato, idli, etc. Make sure that you give in small potions. Do not over feed the baby. Give yellow dal, or its soup. You can add little ghee in the dal or can cook it in ghee itself. If your baby is awake and doesn't sleep by then, you can at the max delay the time till, say seven. Also, the baby is anyway going to wake up at night so feeding him early primarily for the reason that he goes to sleep is quite a distant dream. ;p But yes, it will help him giving enough time to digest food.

Read more

dear mom, you can definitely give her foods after 6 pm, provided she will be awake for some hours after that. at 7 months of age, i think you must have already introduced her to liquids and semi-solids, right? by this age, you can give her a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as soft boiled rice, steamed vegetables, soups, khichdi, soft roti and more. you can also start giving her oats and dalia. make sure whatever you give her is very softly cooked, and also, keep the portions really small.

Read more
7y ago

heard that after 6pm digestion 'll be slow. is it true?

Start with menu items like pieces of soft cheese; small chunks of pasta or bread; finely chopped soft vegetables; and fruits like bananas, avocado, and ripe peaches or nectarines. These foods should require minimal chewing, as your baby may not yet have teeth.

at this age you can start her on dal rice, boiled and steamed vegetables and fruits, vegetable khichdi, raagi or sooji porridge is also a good option. it is okay to give after 6 but try to finish by 7.

Here's a complete guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPwXdkGzUqw

Read more
Post reply image