Baby coming 6 month.. but recently she refuse to drink milk.. any mummy baby like tis? wat u do to prevent her from getting hungry

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How long has this been happening? Does she drink milk any other time of the day? Has she been ill lately? One of the reasons why babies refuse to eat is that they may be uncomfortable or is sick. I find this useful : "If your baby usually has only milk and refuses it (or if he has milk and solids but is refusing to eat or drink either), then it may be a sign of illness or discomfort. Common causes are colds, viral infections, ear and throat infections (which can make sucking painful), and oral thrush. All of these conditions are easily treated, but if a young baby refuses two consecutive feeds, it is important to get advice from your doctor or health visitor. You could try giving your baby a drink of cooled boiled water, which will help to maintain hydration, but still seek advice as to why he is refusing milk. " But from my experience, they may refuse to drink milk at certain point of the day but they will eat when they are hungry, In short, they may just be changing their eating schedule. You can also try to introduce solids at this stage. But remember that below 1 year of age, milk is still the main source of nutrition of your baby. Hope this helps.

Read more

Since she is turning 6 months, are you considering starting her on solid foods? This could supplement her diet since she doesn't seem to be drinking as much milk as before. You can start feeding her purees, cereal or even try baby led weaning.

8y ago

I give her cereal she also dun wan..

My boy have this also, I try nestle baby banana cerel 2 spoon and mix with milk for him. Hope this help you.