My baby is 5mo and knows how to flip. The issue now is, she will keep flipping to be on her tummy and neck held high when I coax her to sleep. Any one with the same issue? How do you manage this issue?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. I let him do it because he is currently exploring new things that he can do so I guess there's nothing to worry about. :) He does this too while sleeping. If he becomes uncomfortable then that's the time I put him back to his normal position. And we do this almost 100x a day. Hehe. :) so you're not alone mommy! It takes a lot of patience. All we need to do is to look after them all the time to prevent any accidents. But there's really nothing to worry about. :)

Read more

My baby used to be like this. They are excited with their new stunt. I would gently pat her and lowered her head to the side. Baby sleeps best on tummy so they won't be startled over little things and sleep better. Do it with caution and to watch over baby to prevent SID. Try relaxing her muscles by massaging her body before sleep. After a while, they will learn to sleep well. Don't worry about t mummy. Congrats on baby's flipping. Crawling is coming soon.

Read more

Hahahaha for me I rest while she flip until she tired then I try to coax her to sleep. Otherwise I just flip her back and tell her please sleep so mummy can sleep. If it's really an issue you can consider those sleep positioners...

VIP Member

my boy does that too. so usu I will let him cry out for help or when he is tired. then put him on his side to slp. cos he doesn't slp on tummy.

She's just excited that she has picked up a new skill! Just flip her back each time and tell her it's time for bed.

l let her flip till she tried (but will keep an eye on her) I flip her back in pat her to sleep..