My baby is 3 yrs old. She likes dressing up in pant shirt instead of dresses. Is this normal? I am worried. Hope she grows up normal

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think that's an issue to get worried about. There's a friend of mine who has a 6-year-old daughter and she too likes to wear pants, shorts and not the frocks or skirts. I think probably she feels more comfortable in pants and shirts, or may be there are boys around with whom she plays with. And chances are she sees hr father dressing up in these clothes and she has picked up liking for these clothes. There are girl who grow up to be tomboys and have more inclination towards things that generally boys are associated with. But its nothing to be worried about. And what do you mean by being normal? I think inclination of any person towards either of gender (if you mean this) is something that we are born with. It is not any physical, psychological or mental disability that can be cured or is an ailment. If your child grows upto like and do things that do not go with we generally associate as 'this is what boys do, and that is what girls do' even then it is fine. It is a personal choice of a person what he/she likes. This is how she is born with. Having said all this on a broader level, I think what you mentioned about your daughter is perfectly normal. Even, I have grown up liking jeans, shorts more than suits and dresses. Even now I wear 'boys' clothes more than what normally women do. And I am perfectly fine. :)

Read more

It is normal. I was such a tomboy when I was young and I never like to wear dresses until I was in mid twenties. But all along I like boys lol so nothing different about me just that I feel that I look better in pants hahha

Just let the baby be! Don't fret too much about it. All kids have their phases of dressing, eating, behaving differently. There is nothing to be worried about if she likes wearing pant shirt. She will grow up just fine!

Nothing is wrong. Maybe that's just her preference. Most probably she feels more comfortable in that.