Should I change formula?

My baby is 27days old and I am feeding her natureone premium formula. Her stool today is more form than other days and she did not have a bowel movement yesterday. She also appear to be straining a lot when passing this stool. Last week, there were 2 days of this type of stool but small amount followed by her soft mushy yellow stool. Otherwise, rest of the days stool is soft and mushy. Is this constipation normal? Also, should I consider changing her formula? My supply is low hence supplementing with formula.

Should I change formula?
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Update: went to see a paediatrician on day 3 of no bowel movement. Dr says constipation isn’t so bad yet. Dr gave bifibaby probiotics and Rid Wind baby drops. Dr suggested 2 types of formula: Enfamil Gentlelease and Nan HA. She explained that these 2 formulas are made so that it is easier for babies to digest.

Read more
11mo ago

Just to share, my LO took NAN Optipro HA together with ridwind drops during newborn days, her poop is runny kind (not diarrhoea kind) instead. You can try NAN HA 😊

Hi, I would suggest see your PD for this. It might be that baby’s body is not liking this formula and the PD might suggest something else.