Baby stool colour

My daughter is about 4month old, she having this stool colour and is watery. The stool colour was dark greenish. Is it normal for formula feeding?

Baby stool colour
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did you recently change formula? Mine too when I itchy fingers wanted to change her formula to NAN. Was on Enfamil previously. First time seeing this kind of colour too, my husband immediately went out to buy her normal formula milk (Enfamil) cause I googled and scared myself reading about internal bleeding and all. Next day baby’s poop was a mushy tan green and read on here that it’s pretty normal for NAN babies to have greenish poop colour. But still I couldn’t and refused to see more green poops so I stopped feeding her NAN. Some babies are ok with NAN and have normal coloured poop. On the other hand, did you recently change your diet? Maybe add a little more iron? Cause iron can cause darker poop. May want to google baby poop colour guide. For a peace of mind, can bring your baby to see a PD. Take care!

Read more

Nth to worry abt if it's dark green. Likely it's the formula. My baby takes Nan HA 2x a day and sometimes his poop is green too. If baby is not fussy, pooping ok and gaining well with Enfamil, stick to it.

Post reply image

Yes it is as my son having this poop colour till now esp. use the Nan optipro, but watery not sure u may ask your pedia

Yes it is as my son having this poop colour till now esp. use the Nan optipro, but watery not sure u may ask your pedia

what FM are you feeding your LO? is your LO has always been on FM? how many wet diapers in a day?