Phlegm/mucous

Hi, my baby is 2 week+ old and he started making "snorting" noise like a little piglet so we suspect that he may have some mucous. Sometimes he fell into deep sleep but woke up with discomfort and choking on the phlegm. There is no mucous flowing out. Please share with me any useful and safe methods to help baby to get rid of the phlegm other than using nasal spray. Thank you!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! My son faced the same issue, we went to the PD. They used the sterimar spray and suck out the mucus using a machine. So at home we used the sterimar spray (baby safe one) and used a manual nasal suction from nosefrida to suck it out. The doc also prescribed drops and another spray for him. Other than that, I used EUKYBEAR spray and spray the room before I put my son to sleep, it’s like vicks in air! Sometimes I alternate it with a diffuser, I mix peppermint and lavender oil to help with the breathing (Young living has the baby safe ones) Good luck!

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!

Hmm...when my baby turn 2 months plus old she started to have mucous and cough all this cause of my husband's grandfather cough without covering his mouth and pass it to my baby then when i went to the private clinic the doctor said for baby whenever he or she as a mucous you must immediately sucks it out if not it will go down to the throat there and for my baby my husband's uncle use his mouth to suck it out cause i try to use other method it wont actually work so i have no choice

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!

Mine use Sinomarin Mini Spray (prescribed by PD) and Sterimar Baby Spray If there is mucus I use Lollababy Nasal Aspirator

3y ago

Thank you!

VIP Member

Nasal drop

3y ago

Thanks!