My baby is 11 months old and started sleeping through the night quite early. However recently he would cry for no reason in the middle of the night randomly (though it happens most often from 4am) and at times he would sit up to cry. It would take me a while to put him to bed and calm him down..... Any advice on what is happening and how to solve it? I tried CIO one night and I really feel it is not for me nor him - so any advice other than CIO is much appreciated. We are very tired and want our sleep back. Thank you.....

43 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 11 month old had the same thing for 2 consecutive nights. Based on the time and way of crying I looked it up and it is called night terrors. Literature show that it's too early as it happens to 18month olds and up but upon reading the comments here, it seems a common thing with their age. According to the articles I read, my baby is actually asleep during the crying period and he doesn't recall anything in the mornings. Apparently it is more difficult for the parents rather than the crying child and there's nothing to be done about it except to make sure he doesn't awaken

Read more