bottle feeding with breastmilk

Asking for any advices how can i reteach my son to feed on a bottle...when he was 3 mos old he knew how to.. but now his turning 5 mos on March 4. He doesn't want to feed anymore ,i need to because ill be working very soon..i feel stressed because i keep on saving milk stash for future use but ending that my son doesn't want to consume it.help?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Two things to consider: 1. Nipple confusion - is the nipple of the bottle soft just like your nipple? 2. Did you taste your stored BM once thawed? Is there a sour, rusty taste? I experienced the same thing. Under further investigation, he didn’t like the thawed BM because it had a rusty taste to it (Lipase). Although still normal and healthy for the baby. Some babies don’t like the taste.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

There's no such thing as nipple confusion, it is more like flow confusion.

I used Avent eversince...are there other brand compatible to avent bottles? Yes i think its nipple confusion coz my thawed breastmilk dont have that rusty taste, stll tastes like a fresh milk .. Tried cup feeding just now with my handexpressed milk.. at first he hurriedly consumed it..then maybe he got irritated because of its slow flow..

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Thank you sis... If got extra cash will buy that.

Thank you for this info...