Aside from playing sports, are there any other scenarios where you have to remove your wedding rings?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I take my engagement ring off as soon as I'm home because I am afraid that it might slip off when I do chores like washing dishes, cooking and laundry. I am also afraid of losing my ring when I am in the shower because it did slip off once when I was doing a DIY hair mask but thankfully I noticed before it was too late. When I am out and about, I will always have my ring on. It makes me feel secure (no more weird conversations with strangers on the metro!) and because I love love love my ring.

Read more

When you are having an affair hahahahaha. Kidding kidding. I've noticed that some people take it off when they're cooking cos the ring pick ups heat much faster than your body. And like a few other people mentioned, anything that involves soap and water! Also have you heard about ring avulsion? That's the primary reason why people take off their rings. To avoid THAT.

Read more

I think when you get bored of seeing the same day in and day out, you do take the ring out and wear something else or let your fingers be that way. Personally, I do not wear my wedding ring. But whenever I do, I open all my jewellery before hitting the bed, and then it doesn't matter it is gold, silver, diamond or an artificial piece.

Read more

To be very honest, I've never worn my wedding ring when I was married, with the exception of Raya. This is because my husband was such an OCD freak would go crazy if there was to be even one tiny scratch on the ring and I am desk bound and always on the computer typing. I didn't want to risk it so I don't wear my ring to work.

Read more

In theory, the wedding ring becomes part of my hand already. But I would imagine that I'd need to take it off when handling delicate babies (in fear of scratching them), when you lose weight (until resized), or going thru medical procedures. If and when though, I'd keep it in a necklace and wear it around my neck.

Read more
VIP Member

I think it's better to remove it whenever you do chores at home, when you shower or any activity that involves soap and water (even when you put lotion on) just so to avoid losing it. You may opt to remove it when you are also going to the gym or doing any sports (especially swimming).

I have it on my finger all the time, no matter what chores I do. My husband doesn't wear it anymore. Haha But there's no big deal between the two of us whether to wear the ring or not. For us, it's just a symbol or marriage.

I always take it off when I'm cooking and cleaning! I do a lot of baking and cooking where I'm using my hands so don't want to get it dirty, or lose it!

I have recently started wearing my engagement ring again. Before this, I was wearing all sorts of trendy rings and kept changing them.

I suggest to remove wedding rings when approaching other women: many are inconfortable being courted by married man I found.