Are mothers supposed to love breastfeeding 24 hours a day?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If you think about it, breastfeeding is the most natural way to feed a child, and that's exactly what it is. It's strange to love feeding a child 24 hours a day, isn't it? I wonder who made that comment to you. If you're tired, a bottle or two won't hurt. For me, I love the convenience breastfeeding provides. Instead of having to fumble with formula containers and bottles, all I have to do is lift my top. In the middle of the night, I can just roll her over and let her suckle instead of having to stumble out of bed and warm up milk.

Read more

Simply look at it as a way to feed your baby and you need not worry about when you are obliged to love it or feel guilty over times that you hate it. Here’s an informative link on how breastfeeding will “change” for you and your baby as your baby grows: http://www.thebump.com/a/how-breastfeeding-changes-as-baby-gets-older There are mothers who had problems breastfeeding their babies and those who could do so with ease. Try to relax and enjoy the process, and don’t feel guilty if you don’t love it all the time. :)

Read more

I don't think many mommies will love breastfeeding 24 hours a day. I personally have a love hate relationship when it comes to breastfeeding. There were times when I felt that I wanted to give up breastfeeding when I was extremely tired and when it caused me pains. However, there were also so many times when I love my baby's look while nursing him especially when he looked up to see me with a satisfying smile.

Read more

You don't have to love it. Just always keep in mind that it's for your baby and not for you. That is reason enough to go on with it :) If you hate it more than you like it, then it is better to stop. Your happiness depends on you.

I can't say that we are supposed too. after all we are human right? life isn't a bed of roses all the time. there will be ups and downs on your breastfeeding journey. and that's okay. I don't love it all the time.

VIP Member

No. I don't believe in loving breastfeeing 24/7. Sometimes i feel sick of it. Like i am constantly having a baby hook onto me. I can't go anywhere far and all. But 80% of the time im enjoying it.

Read more

thanks