Hi, anyone went through natural delivery without taking epidural? I am not taking epidural but open to laughing gas and injection in thigh as the 2 options for pain relief. Mind to share how the contractions feel like? This is my first pregnancy and I can take mentration pain but not needle pain.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Jts. I have low pain threshold too. In fact the hospital staff all know. Just an injection, I'll cry. But what I know is this. I didn't take epidural. Cos I was bent not taking knowing its side effects. So I kept on talking to my child saying, u must come fast as mummy cannot tahan pain. And it worked. I had very short labour. Only 3.5 hours. Only took the thigh jab. And no your contractions is similar to when you are constipated and want to poop. Yup. That's how it is. So relax mummy. Talk to your baby more. Walk and exercise few days before labour. Even if you need to induce. I was dancing and walking and running in my room after being induced. And to say, I had an easy labour. Of course during my active labour, I was screaming. But at the end, the joy of seeing your baby, ah that what makes it worth it. So mummy. Calm down and relax.

Read more
2y ago

thank you for this advice!!