Hi, anyone went through natural delivery without taking epidural? I am not taking epidural but open to laughing gas and injection in thigh as the 2 options for pain relief. Mind to share how the contractions feel like? This is my first pregnancy and I can take mentration pain but not needle pain.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Initially I thought I can go through natural delivery without taking epidural as I'm able to handle menstration cramp. I was being induce, when I was 3cm the contraction starts kicking in. Starting was fine, able to handle it but when the contractions get more frequent I requested for pain relief and was recommended epidural as I heard that laughing gas will only make one feel "lightly headed" (feel like you're "flying") to distract you from the pain but doesn't really help to reduce the pain. I'm cannot take needle pain but just bare for few minutes for them to put in the epidural and you'll be able to take a rest till you're ready to push! Saving energy for pushing is very important!! Jy mummy!

Read more